To request academic accommodations, please follow our outlined process. If you are interested in requesting housing accommodations, please visit our housing accommodations page to review the process.
Guide to Completing Accommodations Request Process:
- Complete the registration form (new window) on the MyARC portal.
- Upload documentation that meets university guidelines to your registration form on the MyARC portal.
- Once your registration form and documentation have been reviewed, an ARC advisor will contact you to set up a virtual meeting to discuss potential accommodations and next steps.
Please note that it can take up to 4 weeks for ARC staff to review submitted documentation. If you are unsure whether your documentation meets University guidelines, please email the ARC, and a disability advisor will be in touch to schedule a consultation.
Accommodations are not retroactive. Although a student has provided documentation to the Academic Resource Center, the accommodations become active after the student has provided the accommodation letter to their professors. Students are responsible for discussing implementation of accommodations with their professors to ensure timely implementation of the accommodations.
If you are a current student who is already approved for academic accommodations and you wish to update your accommodations, please complete the following steps:
- Contact your ARC advisor to set up a virtual appointment to discuss modifying your current accommodations.
- Not sure who your ARC advisor is? Log in to MyARC; your advisor is listed underneath the menus on the left side of the page.
- You may be asked to provide supporting documentation that meets University guidelines before your meeting. It can take up to 4 weeks for ARC staff to review submitted documentation.
- You can submit supplemental documentation in MyARC. Click on “Documentation Submission Form” under the Home menu on the left side of the page.
- If you are unable to submit your documentation via MyARC, please note that email is the preferred and most efficient way of submitting documentation as there may be delay via fax or USPS.
- Meet with your ARC advisor to discuss updates to your accommodations. (Accommodation meetings last approximately 30 minutes.)
- During your meeting, we’ll discuss how things are working for you.
- Your new accommodations, if applicable, will be added in MyARC by your advisor, after which you will be able to send your updated accommodation letters to your professors.