The Academic Resource Center
Leavey Center 338 | Box 571235
Washington, D.C. 20057
Director, Academic Resource Center
- Advises students with cognitive (learning disabilities, ADHD) and/or psychological disabilities.
- Provides guidance to faculty, staff and students regarding accessibility issues.
- Serves as an advocate for students with disabilities.
- Leads the Academic Resource Center by promoting disability and academic support services.
Shelly K. Habel, PH.D.
Associate Director, Academic Resource Center for Student-Athlete Services
Provides individualized, holistic support services and program access to student-athletes on 27 teams.
Collaborates with senior Athletic Department staff and the Provost’s office to ensure to ensure NCAA, Big East, Patriot League and University regulations are followed and develop risk management protocols and policies.
Interfaces with senior University administrators across different schools, with directors of programs who integrate academic and curricular experiences, and with departments who provide direct and administrative student services to ensure the needs of student-athletes are met.
Amy Mullarkey, M.ED.
Associate Director, Academic Resource Center
- Advises students with physical disabilities and chronic health conditions.
- Coordinates and assesses medical housing issues.
- Serves as an active voice in the Georgetown University community to encourage accessibility and Universal Design.
Disability/Learning Skills Advisor (School of Continuing Studies)
- Advises School of Continuing Studies (SCS) students (including high school and visiting students taking summer classes) by providing disability services and assisting students experiencing academic challenges.
- Provides one-on-one consultations to students experiencing academic challenges.
Facilitates study skills workshops/webinars.
Annie Belott, M.ED.
Learning Skills Specialist, Academic Resource Center
- Facilitates study skills workshops/webinars.
- Manages tutoring services for foreign language courses.
- Collaborates with various stakeholders to promote learning strategies for students.
Provides one-on-one consultations to students experiencing academic challenges.
Adam Polacek, M.ED.
Academic Coordinator for the Women's Basketball Team
- Advises and prescribes learning strategies to support the Women's Basketball team.
- Assists student-athletes on the Women's Basketball team with planning, academic and life skills instruction and monitors their progress.
Clare Hennigan, M.ED
Learning Disability Specialist
Advises students with cognitive disabilities (learning disabilities, ADHD)
Carolyn Friedman, M.A.T.
Coordinator of Administrative Services
- Implements accommodations (e.g., tests, note-taking assistance) for students with disabilities.
- Handles hiring and payroll issues for student workers.
- Oversees administrative responsibilities for the Academic Resource Center.