Note-Taking Assistance Frequently Asked Questions
How do I receive my Sonocent license through the ARC?
- Once you receive your accommodation letters for the current term, you will receive an e-mail that includes the ARC’s unique Sonocent license code. You will use this code to download Sonocent onto your personal computer.
How do I learn how to use Sonocent?
- Sonocent provides many tutorials for learning the software. You can also try it out yourself with a 30-day free trial.
- Training is offered through the ARC in several 30-minute group sessions at the beginning of each term. One-on-one training is also available by appointment throughout the term. Please e-mail the ARC if you would like to schedule a training.
I downloaded Sonocent with my ARC license code, but it says the license is only good for two weeks. Why is that?
- Sonocent wants to ensure that the license code is being used by those who have been granted access to it through the ARC.
- Once you activate your license, ARC staff will verify and extend your license through the end of the current academic term.
Why is my Sonocent license only active through the end of the current academic term?
- Accommodations are approved on a term-by-term basis. Once you receive your accommodation letters for the next term, ARC staff will extend your Sonocent license as necessary.
I received my Sonocent welcome e-mail, but now I can’t find it. How do I locate my activation code?
- The ARC can re-send your activation code to you – just e-mail the ARC and we will re-send your activation e-mail.
What should I do if I experience technical issues with Sonocent?
- The ARC works closely with customer service and tech support at Sonocent. If you are experiencing problems with Sonocent software, e-mail the ARC and we will be happy to reach out to our Sonocent support team to assist you.