2022-2023 Housing Accommodation Process
Students who are requesting housing accommodations for the 2022-2023 academic year should complete the following process.
Please note that this process may be adjusted if public health guidelines mandate modifications to campus residency policies.
2022-2023 Housing Accommodation Process
- Download a housing accommodation request form and the documentation guidelines for healthcare providers.
- Complete the request form, and return it via email to our dedicated housing accommodations email address. The most efficient manner to submit a request is to include diagnostic documentation with your application if possible.
- First Consideration Deadline: Friday, February 11, 2022
- Second Consideration Deadline: Friday, April 29, 2022
- First-Year Student First Consideration Deadline: Friday, June 24, 2022
- Transfer Student First Consideration Deadline: Friday, July 1, 2022
- Consult the Medical Accommodations Requests section of Residential Living’s Housing Handbook for additional information about first and second consideration deadlines.
- The ARC will review your request and will make accommodation determinations accordingly. If we have questions about your request, or if we believe that a follow-up meeting will provide additional information, an ARC administrator will contact you to set a time for a consultation.
- Upon completing our review, the ARC will confirm your housing accommodation via email. We will then communicate your accommodation to Residential Living—your documentation and related medical information is kept confidential within the Academic Resource Center—which will in turn notify you of your housing placement.
The timeline for Residential Living to notify you of your accommodation assignment is dependent upon the date your application was completed and approved by the ARC.
- For those who meet the first consideration deadline, assignments are communicated usually early March, prior to the Housing Selection process.
- For those who meet the second consideration deadline, assignments are communicated usually in mid-July during the summer assignment process.
For those who are part of the rolling consideration process (for requests that are submitted after the second consideration deadline), accommodations are reviewed on a weekly basis between ARC and Residential Living, and assignments are communicated based on availability.
If a space is not readily available, your status on the accommodation waitlist will be confirmed via email.
If you are renewing a current housing accommodation for the 2022-2023 academic year, you only need to complete an updated request form. Updated documentation is not required if your request is not changing.
If you are requesting a new housing accommodation, or if you are requesting an adjustment to your accommodation that is not substantiated by the information that the ARC has on file, you will need to provide updated documentation to submit a full request.
- Housing accommodations are determined based on medical need, not preference. The information provided on the request form, as well as the documentation, must indicate a reasonable connection between the requested configuration of space and the reason for the request. Our housing accommodation procedures, combined with our housing documentation guidelines, offer additional information about this expectation. Also, please consult our room configuration overview for additional information on accommodated space arrangements.
- Diagnostic documentation must be specific. General descriptions regarding health (or health concerns) and the COVID-19 pandemic might not be clear enough to substantiate a housing accommodation request and could delay the process.
- General concerns about COVID contagion are not, in themselves, substantial reasons to pursue housing accommodations.
- If you have any questions about the process, please send them via email.